Updated versions of the Volkswagen Scirocco sports hatchback version and hurricane Volkswagen Scirocco R 2014-2015 model year debuted in the spring at the International Geneva Motor Show 2014. The stylish car from VW Scirocco survived the restyling get a more modern exterior and interior, new options and equipment, more powerful engines with reduced fuel consumption.
Volkswagen Scirocco updated 2014-2015 year will be available to the Russian motorists in autumn this year, and the Europeans were able to order and buy a novelty in the middle of the summer at a price of 23,900 euros for the basic version of the Volkswagen Scirocco with a gasoline engine 1.4 TSI (125 hp), the value of Volkswagen Scirocco R with 2.0 TSI R (280 hp) starts from 36175 euros.
Photo and video materials allow considering carefully updated exterior and interior restyling surviving Volkswagen Scirocco. Changes in the design of the exterior and interior minimum and allow the model to hold on the line until the arrival of the next generation of the Volkswagen Scirocco.
Major and significant changes occurred in the front and rear of the car. The front part of the body has acquired new headlamps strict form of modern filling: bi-xenon high beam, LED dipped beam, LED daytime running lights circuits, in addition to which the three-level extra lights in the bumper – turn signals.
Such lighting fixtures in the expensive models, the initial level of equipment includes conventional halogen lamps and simple running lights in the front bumper. Narrow slit falshradiatornoy lattice for a couple of trapezoids lower air intake tight grid with large cells, bumper got a charismatic aerodynamic body kit with stylish accents in the three levels of the outer sides of the fairing.
In profile, the body and the updated model dorestaylingovoy hardly distinguishable, issue a new Volkswagen Scirocco can unless alloy wheels with different design pattern. Depending on the engine power Skiroko new standard set of tires in size 205 / 50R17, 225 / 45R17 or 235 / 45R17 as an option can be installed 235 / 40R18, but for the Volkswagen Scirocco R version optional tires are 235 / 35R19, and tires 235 / 40R18 established standard.
Rear in the process of renovation has added new marker lamps with LEDs and LED license plate illumination (installed as standard), little changed form tailgate, more powerful and straightforward became bumper complete with diffuser. The powerful 280 hp version Scirocco R is different from the less powerful counterparts installing the original body kit (front and rear bumper, side skirts), bred by the stern trunks exhaust with chrome tips.
- External dimensions of the body of the updated Volkswagen Stsirokko (Volkswagen Scirocco R) 2014-2015 year remained unchanged and are as follows: 4256 mm long, 1810 mm (including exterior mirrors 2080 mm) in width, 1406 (1398) mm high with 2578 mm wheelbase and 129 (121) mm ground clearance (clearance). Front wheel – 1569 (1553) mm, rear track – 1575 (1561) mm.
- Choice of color enamel Sirocco consists of white and pearl white, bright red, light gray, dark gray, silver, gold, blue, dark blue, green, dark brown, ultra-violet and black.
Salon Volkswagen Scirocco, as before, is designed for the driver and his three companions. The driver features a model fit and the perfect placement of controls. The updated interior attract the attention of a new multifunction steering wheel with three spokes and just clipped the bottom rim, modern dashboard with two dials (tachometer and speedometer) in the wells and color screen multifunction trip computer, some form of ventilation vents.
And most of all in the eye catches a superstructure above the center console, which housed three sensors (pressure turbocharger, oil temperature and stopwatch). The rest of the interior has not changed, strict chair not only the first but also the second row, high quality materials, a high level of detail and assembly of elements of interior.
In the trunk of a hatchback rear seat fits all 312 liters, but folded back his twin 50:50 cargo capabilities can be increased more than tripled to 1,006 liters.
Traditionally, car companies Volkswagen Scirocco is equipped with basic equipment is quite modest, but only at first glance. As standard equipment there are power windows on the front doors, sport front seats with height adjustment, sport steering wheel adjustable in two planes, leather-trimmed steering wheel rim, shift knob and parking brake, upholstered seats, ABS with brake assist, ASR, EDS and MSR, Hill Start Assist, 6-Th airbags, proprietary anti-theft system with central locking, electric and heated mirrors with LED indicator lights, air conditioning, electromechanical power steering, RCD 310 audio system with color display (radio, CD MP3, USB 8-NIL speakers), the system start-stop engine and Brake Energy Regeneration, three sensors above the center console, multi-function display Plus.
As additional options are available for Stsiroko adaptive xenon beam headlamps, LED daytime running lights, panoramic electric sunroof, power front seats, leather trim, adaptive cruise control, tracking the physical condition of the driver, key less access to the interior Key less Access and engine start button, Park Pilot, Park Assis (parking assistant), a variety of multimedia systems (one of them is the RNS 510 with color screen 16.5 cm), the navigator, rear view camera, speakers Dynaudio Excite (400 W), and other little things.
Specifications updated Volkswagen Scirocco 2014-2015 year will be pleased with potential owners of petrol and diesel engines increased power and moderate fuel consumption. All motors are equipped with a standard stop-start and brake energy regeneration, meet strict standards of Euro 6. Compared with the engines Volkswagen Scirocco dorestaylingovoy versions of new engines became more powerful forces at 3-20 and more economical for 5-19%.
Let’s start with diesel engine options:
- 0-liter diesel TDI BlueMotion (150 hp 340 Nm), with 6 speed manual (6 DSG) – dynamic acceleration to 100 kmh in 8.6 seconds, top speed 215 (213) mph, average fuel consumption 4.2 (4.5) liters.
- The 2.0-liter TDI BlueMotion (184 hp 380 Nm), mated to a 6 speed manual (6 DSG) provides dynamics to the level of 100 mph in 7.5 seconds, top speed 230 (228) mph, the average consumption of diesel fuel at 4 4 (4.8) liters.
- 4-liter TSI BlueMotion (125 hp 200 Nm) in tandem with the 6 speed manual hatchback capable to disperse curb weight of 1280 kg to 100 mph for 9.3 seconds, top speed of 203 mph, average gasoline consumption about 5.4 liter.
- 0-liter TSI BlueMotion (180 hp 280 Nm) works with 6 speed manual (6 DSG) and delivers the car to 100 mph in 7.4 seconds, while top speed is 227 (225) mph and fuel consumption in combined mode 6.0 (6.4) liters.
- 0-liter TSI BlueMotion (220 hp 350 Nm) is working together with the 6 speed manual (6 DSG) and easily shoots the three door hatchback curb weight of 1369 kg to 100 mph in 6.5 seconds, the maximum achievable speed of 246 (244) mph fuel consumption in the combined driving mode according to the manufacturer 6.0 (6.4) liters.
Under the hood, the hurricane Volkswagen Scirocco R 2014-2015 year installed a 2.0-liter TSI R (280 hp 350 Nm), mated to a 6 speed manual (6 DSG), a herd of horses accelerates the sports’ hatchback weight from 1,426 kg to 100 mph in 5.7 seconds, top speed is limited at 250 mph (it is interesting that the speedometer marked up to 300 mph), the fuel consumption on the combined cycle passport 8.0 (7.9) liters. Suspension remained unchanged, fully independent with MacPherson struts up front and four-link architecture rear brakes on front and rear axle disc, electro-mechanical power steering.